Monday, July 30, 2007

Thought Train


The train was not as populated as one would imagine, given that it was a weekend and sun was out for a change. But i was not complaining, I could not thank the ultimate powers up above enough for finally letting me have a little chance at solitude. It wasn't often that I would wish to be left alone with my thoughts, they tend to take me down a spiral of nothingness. The idea of thoughts had turned into quite an obsession with me lately.

Why was it that a thought completely unbeknownst to me a second ago, became something which i owned a second after, whether as an opinion or a point of view? How is it that most of the bright minds which came up with grand ideas can only give an unsatisfactory answer of 'it came to me', when questioned about the origins of these very ideas?
and if... as some theologists suggest.. thoughts are ever present and pre-existing in the environment waiting to be perceived by 'attuned' minds... then I would like to believe i am on a quest.. to tune my mind into getting the solution.. to let the answer to this question just pop into my head..

I was so intent on this particular thought train of mine, that i did not even realize the most astonishing miracle of finding myself still standing on a platform and a 'Golden' train whistling away near the scenic locales of Wiltshire. It was only the tiny tinkering of tools which jangled in my ears, and irritated me enough to take note of my surroundings.
Misconstruing the events, I approached the workmen, to ask if the train is ready for boarding.
Two tiny, almost pygmy sized bald men, engrossed with their tools looked up at me then, the smaller of the two almost fainted with fright. Hesitatingly, they approached , the elder one answered, "ya'migh as'ell fin answa to tha' on the tr'an ma'm".
Frustrated and still amazingly unaware of my surrounding, i boarded the train. It was then that i realised, this wasn't any "usual" train at all.. could it really have been possible that i was on a "real" "thought train"??
Curiousity and apprehension both materialised and i rushed back to the only other people around.

"Is this really a thought train?" i asked..
"D'nno abt much ma'm but u a'nt the only one to come arnd... we 'appen to get a few p'sngrs every few 'ears or so" the elder one answered.
"Who operates the train? Where do thoughts come from? What do you do here?" it seemed like i could finally get all my answers now.. the answers to all the questions , all the thoughts in my head... The smaller one had finally got over his fright.. he came towards me and held my hand...
leading me back towards the train..
"thoughts on the train.." he said pointing towards the train.. insisting that i board it..

well, i thought (thought...why do i think so much!!) lets go in and find out then.

As soon as i boarded the train, my clasp on reality faded, I found my self floating amongst golden threads, some entangled .. others long and running for miles.. solo.. I followed these strings towards the point of origin, surprised again to end up at a single point, who would have thought (thought!!!!) ofcourse thoughts are all here.. at one place!!
and then i noticed an old man sitting with a charkha, holding a spool of gold in one hand and churning the threads out.
"So you create all the thoughts?" .. i asked
he smiled and said.. " they can neither be created nor destroyed"
"I just collect them and keep them safe and churn them out when there are people ready to hear them out"
"You mean to say.. That this is real.. its not just a silly figment of my imagination?"
he again soberly answered.. "Imagination or reality are not defined in this realm, neither is apparent goodness or badness of a thought"
"A thought in its original form, is just a manifestation of unadulterated energy.. sometimes it creates... sometimes nought"
"Do you know all the thoughts then? do you know what people are thinking? Can you control their thoughts?"
"I do not know anything.. I cannot control anything.. I cannot answer everything.. afterall.. even I... am just a thought".

7 comments:

Simple and complicate said...

Wow, u hav some imagination dudette!! this is real kewl stuff. keep writing more

AakASH!!! said...

I had never seen this side of you (though i have never 'seen' any side of you as well)!

So you are into spinning fairy tales as well, and that too profound.

Reminded me of the extract from Richard Bach's ONE. There as well he has tried to question where do thoughts come from, and he finds a huge block of crystal with multicolored lines in varied patterns, all interconnected, branching and joining, like berserk fractals. :)

Anki said...

@sonal: thnks sweetheart.. will try to keep up the imagination [:)]

@aakaash: ya...i hv read 'One' and i hv to say its one of my favorite books.. though i wasn't thinking of the book while writing this.. :)
I think the book was more abt alternate realities.. and the possibility tht we all are - 'One' but living different possibilities..

AakASH!!! said...

I am sure you were not. You are not one of those who indulge in inspired works. :)

ANd i loved your take on it, like i said, just a fairy tale.

Ravali said...

wow, i didn't even know this blog existed.

amazing post. something i read over and over again and every time plunge in deeper.
beautiful mind.

humbl devil said...

dunno why, but both the posts seemed to be an inspiration from madame rowling...

AakASH!!! said...

And whens the next instalment due?

Unconditional Love