Sunday, September 16, 2007

Chapter 2 : Weekend Blues



I hardly take notice of time on the weekends. It just has an odd habit of disappearing minute by minute and constitute a zero productive day or ZPD as i refer to it. I kept thinking of stepping out of the house and doing something fun, maybe even have a chance of meeting Him again.. but thought nothing of it further and stayed put.
I just went to the balcony around noon to get some sun.. and took a book along with me. The plot was getting interesting, I was almost skimming over the words, aching to turn the page.
Yeah, i can understand that you must be wondering why this bit is being included in the story.. but i just wanted you to know that if things would have been normal.. 'this' would have been the most exciting thing in the entire day.
So, as this wasn't quite the normal day, the next thing which i noticed... was not the sudden threat the heroine in the novel found herself in, but the rather handsome personality of my bothersome accident victim.. playing on the basketball court.. all alone.. whooping with joy. well well well.. i thought, will the wonders never cease? and gripped by a (as yet) unidentified emotion.. i found myself getting into my shoes and out the door.. walking towards the basketball court.
"Hey!".. i called out.. "how are you feeling today?".. encouraged by the flash of recognition on his face.. i moved to the court. wrong move!.. should not have been so eager, i thought.. after the glaring silence of his response. But, quite unexpectedly.. he passed me the ball and said.. "Can you make the basket?". Having never played any sports in my life before and knowing that i would fail at it even before trying, i felt quite relieved in at least knowing the answer to his question. "No.. I Can't" I smiled as i passed the ball back to him, unfazed by my response, he almost eagerly came forward and offered to teach me. Having nothing better to do, and enjoying the thought of seeing his attempts at basketball lessons, i agreed.
Half hour into it and i must confess.. i could atleast get the ball in... a couple of times (fluke or not).
and.. He was smiling again ..I still wonder why i notice that everytime. "I should be heading back!", it really wasn't usual for me to not have a ZPD weekend.
"Sure" He said.. "See ya around"..
Looking forward to the exciting plot twists of the novel.. the latest videos on youtube and the couple of DVDs on rent..I headed back to the house.

Thinking about the entire day, i wondered, why did it feel as if something just didn't fit? How was it that He seemed so familiar.. and i could have spent the day with him.. and yet.. not know anything about him.. not even his name!?!
How could it be that I was looking forward to seeing him again, yet didn't want to think about him at all (not that I could help it!).
and Why was it that i noticed his smiles? Why did they seem guilt ridden? and why would he not talk about the accident on sunset boulevard lane?

any answers?



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet... Next chapter please... This is going too slow :(

humbl devil said...

skepticism...
the root of all worries!!!


it seems more than a coincidence that he pops out of nowhere into your lalaland...so, it's but natural to be a skeptic...after all you are human and that too indian...:D
we indians have to have solid proof before accepting somethings...

Deepti Dani said...

humbl devil is right...

AakASH!!! said...

Tell me how true is this, and i'll tell you the answers. :)

Unconditional Love