Thursday, September 13, 2007

Chapter 1 : The sunset boulevard


Studying the sunset was almost a ritual, the changing hue in skies, onset of darkness.. slow creeping away of the light. It was fascinating how something which was an everyday event, still managed to come up with a new show every night. Everything else just seemed to be a blur now, anyways. I could hardly distinguish one day from the next. Life so ordinary.. the horror of normality. Not that i didn't see this coming, I was hardly the one you could write stories about, everything turned out to be quite nice and as planned. Growing up in a proper family, getting good grades, studying in a good college, working in an international company, having friends.. family. One could not have expected anything out of place. Still the very fact that you are reading about me here.. well.. makes you wonder doesn't it?.. if there could be a story out there..

I am as surprised as you, that my life could have any extra ordinary components, but it was just a chance encounter which turned things around that way. The utter silence of the house had driven me to take a walk outside, it was time for sunset again. I walked the familiar path to the lake and seated myself on the bench, picking up the twig from its hiding place.. i began the carving from where i had left it off.. scrape.. scrape.. the pocket knife chafing away. The loud honk startled me from my lost thoughts.. and even as i held on tightly to the deep cut now gracing my finger.. i looked over to find the source of this commotion.

Owner of the jeep was stepping out to inspect the damage and He was just trying to stand up straight and balance his bike. He seemed pretty shook up.. must have come under the car, i thought.. brushing the dust away from my jeans and walking towards the scene of the accident.
"Are you all right?" i asked.. He seemed hesitant in answering ..seeing that i could not be more of a help here.. I made my way back towards home..and as I was getting ready to close my eyes and mark the end of yet another day.. I could not help but recall.. the shook up look in His eyes... His flushed cheeks.. and an almost guilty smile lingering on his lips...


goodnight.. maybe i will continue the story in the next post

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wht hppnd nxt?

humbl devil said...

dont keep us waiting!!!
or are you too lost in paradise right now???
:)

Anki said...

@bhaiya: Posted the second chapter!

@devil: you must know by now.. that all that i write is pure fiction! :)

Unconditional Love